Skip to main content

Steam Up Some Vegetables

With today's society having so many people being overweight you would think that you may want to eat healthier; well at least I do. I recently am trying to eat healthier but don't want to give up everything I enjoy eating. So I thought of trying to eat more vegetables and steaming them, among other foods. So needless to say I was recently given the opportunity to steam food instead of frying.

The steamer I am trying out is the Sunsella 100% Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer which is made and manufactured by the company Sunsella. The steamer is made of stainless steel. When you open it up fully, it can reach anywhwere from a little over 5 inches to a little over 9 inches wide. The way it is made, you can either collapse or expand it to fit most pots and use it to it's fullest. When you get the steamer there isn't any assembly so all you do is open it, wash it and then use it right away if you want.

When I tried the steamer for the first time I steams some whiting fish with potatoes, broccoli, carrots and tomatoes. Let me start by saying it was so delicious and I enjoyed every bite of it. Anyone who has ever steamed any food before knows that when you use a steamer you have to put water in the pot that the steamer is being placed on top of. Once you put the water in then put the steamer on top but make sure you don't put too much water. If your steamer is reaching the water in the pot then you have too much water and need to remove some of the water. When you have everything set up wait until the water is boiling and then put the vegetables in the steamer and cover it. The cooking will take a while to be finished so don't start making your food when your already hungry or you will feel like your starving. It takes about 30 minutes or more depending on how much you have in the steamer, I would say to cook your food.

In my opinon I would 100% recommend this steamer. It works great and the fact that it spreads open to fit the size of the pot is a plus too. I have never tried a steamer before and this one was pretty easy to use so that's another great factor you might want to consider when buying one. The price of $15.99 for the steamer is great, for it is good quality.

So if you would like to purchase one for yourself or another person, you may find it on amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYDZHSI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. All words are my own and are based on my experience of the product.




55.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal bracelet

The product we will be discussing today is the Crystal Bracelet made by the company Crystal . The bracelet is for women and has a lot of crystal on it. It runs 18 cm or 7 inches long. The bracelet has a gold plated color with a metal finishing on it. I have worn the bracelet a few times while going out with the girls and on a casual day as well. It fits very well on my wrist, not being too small nor too large. The fit is basically perfect as you will see in the end of this review. The feeling of the bracelet is nice where you don't have any scratches left on your skin from it. The clip on hook lock mechanism keeps your bracelet from falling off your wrist even if your dancing. At times the bracelet does get stuck onto some of my sweaters at the wrist section of the sweater and some shirts as well too. With most costume type jewelry the color seems to fade away but the crystal bracelet else has yet to change any colors nor fade. I recommend this bracelet because it looks very e...

The Lucky 7

First off I want to say that I love to cook in my house and enjoy using tools that make it more easier and faster. So today I am going to be reviewing the Premium 7 Piece Kitchen Gadget Utensil Tool Set made by the company Vintage Kitchen . This 7 piece utensil tool set consists of  a peeler, ice cream scooper, pizza & cheese slicer, multi-purpose grater, avocado slicer and a multifunctional bottle opener. They are all made of steel and plastic. The color of the utensils are turquiose and they are dishwasher safe. So I used this for the first time and I got to say that I actually like them a lot. The first utensil I used was the pizza slicer when I made some pizza for my clients at the nursing home I work at part time. The pizza slicer cuts so smooth and thorough too. The other utensil I used was the peeler. I used the peeler for dinner at home when I peeled potatoes and I would recommend this product because they all work properly and look awesome. The quality of the ...

Making Money with a Small Blog

So everyone obviously knows I'm a beginner blogger and trying to make it into a living since I love to write. I would love to make a living doing what I love. I have recently come across and been given an opportunity to review a book I received for free in exchange for and honest and unbiased review. The book is called "How to Monetize a Small Blog" and it's author is Luke Weil . It is a very small and thin book so don't worry for all of those who hate reading bookks especially if they are big, but the key to success as they say is knowledge and determination. So if you want to succeed then you now what you gotta do. Alright so back to the book review. The book has only a few chapters in the book and they go right into detail about the chapter title which I like. The chapters and details entailed in each are the following I will discuss in a brief way that is. The first is about Direct Advertising which goes in detail about the pro and cons of using adve...